Practicing word families is such a great activity for kindergarten and first grade kids to help them with read and spelling. This Easter themed word families activity is both hands, fun, and with a worksheet element making it perfect for centers or at home.
Easter Activities for Kids
- Free Easter Worksheets
- Free Easter Bingo
- Free Easter Color by Number Worksheets
- Free Easter Color Sorting Activity
- Free Easter Mazes
- Free Easter Tracing Pages
- Free Phonics Easter Eggs
- Free Easter Sight Words Mazes
- Free Easter Count to 20 Math Puzzles
- Free Easter Word Families
Print all the pages in color, stick the egg carton pages in sheet protectors, laminate the colored egg pieces, cut out the colored pieces, and set aside the black and white worksheets.
This makes a GREAT Easter Center for preschool, Kindergarten, and first grade kids!
You can set out all 15 pages at a time or have kids work with the 3 pages per vowel (this is what we did).
Kids will sort the easter eggs into the correct egg carton by saying the word identified by the picture out loud and then putting it in the correct word family carton.
Once your students finish sorting the egg pictures by word family, they will fill out they can fill out the worksheet. There is a worksheet covering each vowel word families.
At the top is a word bank to help young learners with spelling. But saying and listening to the word sounds, seeing the word pattern, and writing the word pattern is great for learning word families to improve reading and spelling.
Favorite Easter Books
Download Easter Word Families
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!