Gaining confidence with counting an extended series of numbers lays a strong foundation for learning, and is a predictor of later success in math. Excellent for Pre-K, Kindergarten and Grade 1 children, these Where in the World Counting Puzzles for 1-50 make for fun, tactile practice.
Counting to 50These clever skip counting puzzles each highlights a different country:
- Numbers 1-10: World map
- Numbers 11-20: Greece
- Numbers 21-30: Jamaica
- Numbers 31-40: Kenya
- Numbers 41-50: The Netherlands
How to prepareDownload these 1-50 counting puzzles at the the bottom of this post. Print off each page using card stock for durability, or laminate. Cut along the lines of each puzzle and they're ready to go!
How to useMix up the puzzle pieces and then ask your child to reassemble the puzzle. They can either focus on putting the picture together, or focus on the numbers. Either way is fine as long as they’re sure to read through the numbers when they’re done as a double check and to practice skip counting. It helps if children point to each number as they read them to help them focus on each number rather than just relying on rote memory. They can also mix the different puzzles up and focus just on the numbers to see if they can create a crazy mixed-up picture even though the numbers at the bottom are correct! [Image: counting-puzzle-the-Netherlands ALT: Grab these free counting puzzles and get practicing! Kids will practice counting by ones from one to fifty as they piece the puzzles back together!]
Want more free counting activities?
- Number trains (1-100)
- Christmas Dot to Dot (1-50)
- Going on Safari (1-30)
- Over 100 Fun Ways to Count
- Race to 100 (1-100)
- How to Adapt Board Games to Improve Counting Skills
Download Around the World Counting to 50By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!